Top Ten Nail Polishes to Wear This Christmas

Hiya! Christmas feels so close yet so far away! This post I wanted to make a seasonal compilation of my favourite nail polishes for the Christmas and holiday season. This is the very first time that I have taken swatch pictures and swatched  this many polishes on my nails (which are now stained dark green- stay tuned for explanation), I think they turned out pretty well for my first try (or at least I hope so)! Now, without any further ado; top ten nail polishes for Christmas.


Coming in at number 10 is 'Mint Chip' by Sinful Colors. This is a matte finish mint  polish with a very subtle gold shimmer through. This polish was released as a limited edition polish from the Kandee Johnson vintage matte collection last year, but you can still find it on ebay and similar sites.  The formula is good, with full coverage in two easy coats. Mint is such a fun colour for Christmas! It's bright, fun and a relative of green, sounds like a winner to me.  


Number 9 hails from Sally Hansen. Cherry Red from the Xtreme wear range is a must-have for Christmas time. I ain't a huge plain red lover, but this slightly darker colour is something even I would wear! Two coats of this polish and your good to go! AND an added bonus- it dries SUPER shiny even without top-coat.



Eight on the list is Sheer Pearl by Revlon. This polish is a real winner for the holiday season. It's a slightly off-white base with a really awesome duochrome effect from green to pink, which I was unfortunately unable to capture in my swatch picture, even in natural light. It build up in three coats with some nail line still visible, but I guess that it's called sheer pearl for a reason, if y'know what I mean. If you absolute hate viable nail line, then you could use a coat over another polish for that shifty, shifty duochrome effect. This is a subtle and beautiful look for these here holidays.


                                (Below) Sheer pearl in direct sunlight

I mentioned in my previous post that I though the combination of gold, green, white and red was the perfect combo of colour for Christmas. So coming in at number 7 is Supernova from Sinful Colors. I think that Supernova may be the sparkliest gold polish in existence. It is so sparkly it's almost blindin'. It was a tricky polish to photograph, because  the sparkles caused the light to reflect off of the polish, and I'm not quite sure I did the polish justice in the end. After I took this off, there were itty bitty little sparkles covering my fingers and cuticles, and it was the second polish that I swatched, so I apologise if you can see glitties on my fingers in other shots!  2 coats to perfection, and you won't be able to peel your eyes off of it!


No Christmas could be complete without at least one green nail polish, and I got a few in store for you guys ;). Taking that number six spot is Sinful Colour Electric Sage. Electric sage is a dark green polish with an awesome gold shimmer through it, what can I say? It's gorgeous. Despite being so packed with shimmery shimmery sparkly bits, it comes off without leaving any of that glitz behind. Two coats for full coverage.

If your lookin for a more wintery look this holiday season, look no further than our number five spot, Face of Australia's Prince of Persia. Prince of Persia is a dark, shimmery sapphire blue, opaque in two coats and it's just gorgeous. This is just one of those ones that you wanna bust out and paint some snowflakes on. It's like the holidays in a bottle. Because the colour is so dark and pigmented it does leave some staining on the cuticle and nail, but I was able to get that off with a lil' bit of acetone and  a clean up brush, and it's definitely not as bad as a certain other polish on this list (you'll see what I mean in a little bit). Also, I apologise for the blue on my cuticle there, my fault not the polish, I didn't clean it properly.


Aha! Another green polish! Oh, and it's from Sinful Colors too! I told you there would be a few of these greenies, I just love 'em for Christmas time! Also, SC seems to do green and sparkly green polish extremely well. This polish in particular is called We're In Tents, and it's campin' out in our number four spot. This is a slightly more blue-toned green which is packed with a white shimmer. Somehow when I look at this on my nails, I think of pine trees, my connection may be slightly weird by it's perfect for Christmas! It's almost opaque in one thick coat but I think two thinner ones gets you better coverage. It is a limited edition polish, but as far as I can tell it's still in stores (In Australia, at least).

Gee, we're getting so close to the end of the list! Final three baby! And here we have another red one from Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear, this is Red Carpet. This polish has so much wow factor! Trust me, it's much more sparkly and beautiful in person. It's a festive red, shimmery polish that goes on in two coats. I had a bit of trouble with application because I think that I got a bad brush, but definitely worth it for this polish. I once wore this with gold caviar beads as a french tip and then mattified it and my nails felt like royalty! Definitely a fave for this season!


Are you getting excited for the last two? Kind excited, but sad because we're coming to an end here
:(. Anyway, second from last is one Christmas stunner (and strainer). Behold! Last Chance from Sinful Colors. This polish screams holidays at the top of it's lungs!  It's a dark forest green polish that goes on nicely in two coats. A weird fact about this polish which I was not expecting when I put this on for the fist time yonks ago was that the first coat has a jelly finish, but the second coat makes it totally opaque. I would not have though that for such a dark coloured polish! Although this polish is awesome for this time of year, it stains like nobodies business. When I was swatching I saved this polish for last and avoided my cuticles like the plague because I knew my nails and cuticles would be most certainly be stained a dark green after removal. As I am typing this, I'm looking at my nails and all I can think of is how grateful I am that I saved this one for last because they are stained with a capital 'S'. When I'm done here I'll go scrub them with some soap and water, and they'll probably come good, but for now they look like I murdered  a pine tree.


And here we are, at the very end of the list! Our number one Christmas polish is drum roll please..... Ring in the Bling by Essie! Ring in the Bling is red polish with all kinds of shimmer in it, but particularly strong is the gold shimmer. Putting this polish on is awesome, because you get to see all the shimmery shiny elements in this polish. I used two coats to get all that prettiness on my nail, but in a rush you might be able to get away with one thick coat. Another thing that I really like about this one is the formula, it's awesome! All in all, I reckon you can't go wrong with a sparkly red polish on Christmas, especially if it's this gorgeous and has a great formula to boot. Though, I do worry I might not have been able to capture just how awesome this polish is, but trust me it's like Chrissy perfection in a nice, square Essie bottle!

So there you have it!I hope this list may have steered you to some awesome options for this holiday season! If your looking for more manicure ideas for this holiday season please check out my previous post, which is some Christmas nail art complete with a tutorial! Which one of these would you wear? What do you like for your nails in this season? What's your favourite colour for Christmas?  I would absolutely love to hear from you in the comments!
May your nails be good
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review