Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Hello everybody! I'm so very excited today because we will be looking at the Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens collaboration collection for winter! I just adore the Sinful Colors/Vanessa Hudgens collaboration polishes, they are some of my favourite polishes in my collection, so my expectations for this collection were very high (almost as high as my excitement levels!). This is a 12 piece collection (the last collection aka the Jungle Beat collection only had 8 polishes but the Festival collection also had 12, just a fun little fact) and every single one of them is shimmer polish; not a single creme in sight! This differs from the the other collaborations, which all had at least a few cremes thrown in there. But, I'm not too upset about that; I LOVE shimmer polishes, and after swatching a collection that was pretty much completely made up of creme polishes (none other than the Sinful Colors New Shades collection), I am happy to be swatching these shimmery beauties! Oh! And, before I absolutely, completely forget to mention it; I will also be doing a separate comparison post for all of the polishes in this collection, so look out for it!



There is the collection! 12 winter-y polishes all together! Now, let's get into the review!


So! I'm going to start off with Slay Ride. This is a shimmery silver polish. BUT! It's not just your classic silver shimmery nail polish, it is indeed a tad darker, and I love that because I haven't really seen anything like it before. The formula seemed sheerer than I was expecting and it was very patchy. In the end I needed three coats for full opacity, not for the sake of opacity, but because it was just too patchy at two coats. Grr, darn patches!


Next up is Wonderland, and it is another shimmer polish, this time a bright blue colour. Once again, this is pretty unique shade, I haven't actually seen a blue shimmer polish in this particular tone, so again, I LOVE! The formula was very similar to Slay Ride, I had issues with patches, but this time it was a little thicker. Shown in the swatch photo is two coats (hooray!), but I think you may need three depending on application.


This here is Holly Holly, a dark red shimmer polish with what appears to also be a gold shimmer. This polish is just so beautiful! It's so shimmery, so so shimmery, it's almost too shimmery, really. The formula on this one was also a lot better than the first two, it wasn't thin or runny or patchy and I got it opaque in two coats. For two coats, that is a lot of shimmer!


The next polish we will be looking at is Frozen Rose. This polish is a magenta with a mix of colours in the shimmer (we will be seeing this shimmer again in other polishes) of blue, pink and gold. Y'know, I really love this polish, I think it's gorgeous and super unique! But, once again, the formula let's it down. It is very thin and took three coats to build to full opacity. But, hey, at least there weren't any issues with patches!


Hey, there's that same shimmer again! Gold + pink + blue! This here is Winterstellar, and it is a dark polish with, of course, that re-occuring gold, pink and blue shimmer. Now, I gotta tell you, I have a real soft spot for a dark colours with shimmer through them, and this is absolutely no exception! I love it! And, a great formula; opacity in two coats and no runny-ness or patchy-ness or any of that stuff!


Next we have Illuminaughty, a shimmery bronze colour. I like this polish; it's sparkly and it's pretty, and it also managed to avoid the problems in formula that occurred for both Wonderland and Slay Ride, which meant that I was easily able to get it opaque in two coats, it was patch-free! I am pretty happy with the lack of patches, because it looks similar to Wonderland and Slay Ride.


Guess what's back with this polish? Yep! The tri-colour shimmer! I actually really love this combination if colours in a shimmer (I have never ever seen it before) so I'm pretty happy that it keeps popping up! This polish is called Through The Woods and it is a chocolate brown polish with you know what kind of shimmer! The formula on this one needed to be built up in three coats, the formula was similar to Frozen Rose, just a bit more sheer.


This polish is called Sugar Plum and it is a shimmery (that shimmer we have seen a couple times already) purple. This is really, really pretty, but! The formula was super sheer, I think that it may be the most sheer formula of the lot, and I needed three coats to get it opaque, but even then I think it may still have been too sheer. That's a real disappointment to me, because this colour is so beautiful!


Next, we have Deck Yaself and it is another brown polish, this time it's chestnut, with a very delicate gold shimmer. I am loving how pretty that gold shimmer looks in that chestnut base colour! It's very delicate and subtle, but still noticeable. I also like that it's something a bit different to the other polishes in the collection. The formula was also good, two coat opacity and went on smoothly without any issues!


Okay, warning, I am going to natter on for a little bit; but it is necessary natter! There was one thing that I noticed when I got this collection, and that was that there were three green nail polishes that, in the bottle, looked very, very similar to each other. As it turns out, on the nail they weren't that similar to each other, but I have still saved them till the end, just so I can do a little comparison between them. Starting us off is this polish; Enchanted. I wasn't quite sure at first, whether this was a dark blue polish with green shimmer or a dark green polish with blue shimmer. Upon much scrutiny I realised that it was indeed the latter, and it looks pretty gorgeous! Although, I do have to say, that blue shimmer is awfully subtle, I just wish that it were a bit more shimmery! Anyway, the formula on this, you are not going to believe it, was really good and got opaque in one coat! One! Singular! It's amazing, and I was not expecting it at all, and it totally blew me away!


Next up is Fairy Teal, which is not at all a teal polish, it is emerald with a blue shimmer. I must say, I am not blown away by this polish. The shimmer just isn't really doing it for me; it's just not really strong enough. But, the formula wasn't bad at all, I got it opaque in two coats and there were no issues with it overall. Oh, and another little tid-bit about these last three green polishes; they all have that very same blue shimmer.


Last of all, we have Fab-Yule-Ous, a forest green polish with, of course, blue shimmer. Of all these green polishes, this is the only one where than blue shimmer really stands out, and it looks pretty fabulous against that green base! I like this one a lot; it really quite reminds me of a Christmas tree. The formula was also good on this one too! Two coats = full opacity!

Overall, I have very mixed feelings about this collection. It had some really pretty, unique colours which I fell in love with, but it also had some not so great formulas and disappointing colours. I don't think it was quite as strong as an overall collection, as the previous Vanessa Hudgens collaboration collections, but I still enjoyed it for the most part! My very fav out of all of these has got to be Winterstellar, but other favourites are Wonderland, Through The Woods and Holly Holly. Also, the second part to this collection (aka the comparison post) will be coming soon!
May your nails be good
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review