Revlon Top Speed 'Sheer Cotton' Swatch and Review

Hello there! How are you guys? Today I have another swatch and review from Revlon, but this time from the Top Speed range. This is called 'Sheer Cotton'. I was really looking forward to trying this polish, coz' I thought it might be a little like 'Sheer Pearl' also from the Revlon Top Speed range. That, it was not. But let's get into it!


Alright! I will start with the thing that I liked the most about this polish; the colour! The colour is extremely unique; it is very accurate to the colour of natural cotton, as indicated to by the name of this polish (Sheer Cotton). I really haven't seen anything like this before. Unfortunately, the formula is absolutely terrible! The formula is extremely streaky and sheer, it takes four coats to build the polish to full opacity!


 I was extremely confused as to how this polish is supposed to be worn; as it is called 'sheer' cotton I was expecting a sheer finish to the polish. To my surprise, the first coat was way too streaky to be worn on it's own. The same thing happened with the second coat. The third coat was opaque but still  had streaks through it. So, the only way this can really be worn is at four coats for a fully opaque finish. Above is the polish at one coat and below is the polish as two coats.


 Top-Speed polishes to dry very fast, which is good coz' it makes it less time-consuming to paint on all those coats!


All-in-all, while I loved the unique colour, I was very disappointing with the formula on this polish. I wish that the formula was a lot less streaky, as that would have allowed the polish to be worn at a sheer finish or be built up to full opacity in three coats! What do you guys think about this polish? Do you like the colour? What do you think about the formula? Have you tried a polish from this range before? Let me know right here in the comments or on Instagram and Pintrest (my username is thegoodnailsblog). 
May your nails be good
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post