Sportsgirl Nail It! Scented and Matte Nail Polish Swatch and Review (Boxing Day Haul Part 1)

Hello, everybody! I promised you guys in my previous post that I would share with you my boxing day bargains and give 'em a swatch! Weeel, here I am with the first part of my swatchin' for boxin' (day). Just kidding, that's not the title.Unless, y'know, you guys want it to be, in which case consider it done :)

As you can see, I picked up three polishes from Sportsgirl. They were fifty percent off, with an 50 per cent discount so they ended up being around $2.50 AUD a pop. When I took these babies home and peeled off the sticker with the discounted price on it, I almost screamed because lying underneath that innocent lookin' sticker was the word 'scented'. God, guys, when I wore Revlon's scented polish it my nose was constantly itchin, it stank so bad. It was so awful I couldn't keep the thing! While I was sceptical at first, I actually thought these polishes smelt really nice! They didn't trigger any allergies or anything at all! Here are the swatches of the two scented polishes!


This here is Milk Choc by Sportsgirl. It takes three coats for full opacity on this baby. The formula is a little bit runny, but the polish is soo shiny! In the photo, there's no top-coat, just that natural polish shine! This polish smells like chocolate, and I am surprised by how much I like it, It's like delicious perfume for ya' nails!



Sportsgirl Mint Chip. Also a pretty solid three coater, but somehow the formula has gone in the other direction; it's thick and makes for pretty patchy coverage. The formula on this really wasn't the best, and it didn't have the same shine factor as Milk Choc. It still smells really nice though! 


The last polish I have from Sportsgirl isn't scented, it's matte. This is called 'Rosie Matte'. When I swatched this polish I looked down at my nails and thought 'how on earth am I supposed to describe this colour, this ain't rose'? But, a little diggin' on Google revealed that it is a dusty rose pink colour. Gee, was I wrong. This polish has a great two-coat formula, and the colour is really unique! I was very impressed with this polish!

My overall thoughts on these polishes were mostly positive. I was a little dissapointed in Mint Chip, but loved Rosie Matte and Milk Choc. If you are considering buying a scented polish, keep in mind that they are not for everyone, my mother can't stand the way these polishes smell, but I love them. 
 You can read all the other posts from the Boxing Day Haul series by clicking here
 I'll see you all in another post!
May your nails be good
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post