David Jones Nail Polishes Swatch and Review (Boxing Day Haul part 2)

Hello again! Thanks for joining me in the secind installment of my boxing day haul series! This will cover a swatch and review of some Nail Polishes I picked up from David Jones. There are two smaller yellow polishes, one of which is pastel and the other is neon, and a three-pack of polishes. To my annoyance, none of the polishes in the three pack are named. Damn, I love reading the names of nail polishes!

Ah, there they are!


Oh man, that looks like an egg yolk! This is called Makia. It's a really bright neon yellow, even with no white base, but man! The formula does NOT self level very well, so it makes the polish look streaky and patch and lumpy if you don'y apply the polish with the utmost care (which, I unfortunately did not). Three coats is shown.


This is the pastel yellow. I think its called 'sourise', but I can't read the super fancy writing on the label, that's just my guess really. This polish also had a leveling issue, not as bad as the first one though. Some nails were opaque in two coats and other were two streaky and needed a third. For a pastel yellow, it's really not bad.

Ah, to the nameless polishes now! This is a cornflower blue polish, and guess what? No self leveling issues and a great formula! Hooray! Two coats to full opacity.


Ooh, pruple. I'm not so great on the different shades of purple, but I think this might be a lilac? The photo turned out a bit too florescent lookin'. So, what about the self leveling? It's not terrible. Two coats for full opacity.


Aha, this colour, it's....well, I don't know whether it's a salmon or a peach, so, well, it's official title will be salmon-peach. The salmon-peach doesen't have a terrible formula, but it's a bit uneven. Some nails were fully covered in two coats, others needed another coat to cover up the streaks.


And there we have it everyone! My favourite of the bunch was the cornflower blue because 1) formula and 2)colour. But, I really loved all of the polishes in the trio even if they could be a bit temperamental to work with. What do you guys think? Do you like the salmon-peach :)? Which was your favourite? Let me know in the comments!!
Don't forget to check out the other three instalments of my Boxing Day Haul Series here !
May your nails and new year be good!
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post