Essie 'Master Plan' Grey Nail Polish Swatch and Review

Hello everyone! Today I think is another special day, coz' it's been a while since I did a swatch and review and also coz' ESSIE! Yep, Essie,  none other than my favourite brand! This is one polish that I picked up while on holidays; in fact I picked up almost 50 nail polish bargains (including, to my delight,  a ton of Essie polishes) on that holiday and I have even swatched and reviewed a few of them, but I have yet to swatch and review an Essie from that haul; which makes me sad! Those poor Essies, sitting in a draw, just crying put to be swatched and reviewed! Well Essies! Your cries will be ignored no longer! It's review-y swatch-y time-y!


Here we have Mater Plan by, wanna guess; Essie! This polish is essentially just your average grey nail polish; if I had to make up a name for this shade of grey, I would call it 'grey, grey' coz' it's just a grey, that's all. While it is basic; that's not really a bad thing! Basic colours are the basis for amazing things in the nail-world; nail art, a nice base for toppers, a great way to work a feature nail into your manicure; the possibilities are endless really! So, even though I am not a fan of the basic 'grey grey' grey, I can still appreciate this polish.


Sooooo, before I swatched this polish and found out it was a 'grey grey' I thought that it looked quite similar to another polish that I swatched and reviewed, Chinchilly, also by Essie, and therefore I was itching to do a comparison. But, as you can see they are far from dupes. Chinchilly is a more purple-toned grey whereas Master Plan is, well you know, just a grey.


Ohh, yes! Formula time! The formula for this polish didn't really impress me. The formula felt a bit thin and runny, which made it a little difficult to use. Although, it's not like it was super duper difficult to use or anything like that, it just runs a little thin for me. I was still able to build this polish to full opacity in two coats; and the finish was niceeeeee (so many 'eeees' coz' the shine is hypnotising me, as shine does) and shiny! If you wanna see how this applies, you can watch the live application video here!



This polish may not be the most unique polish ever, but if you are a grey lover (which I unfortunately, am not) and you are looking for a nice basic grey with a nice shiny finish, then I think you will like this polish! My favourite part of this polish was probably the shine, it's not the shiniest finish I have ever seen but I like it! I wasn't a huge fan of the formula, but it did the job, What do you guys thin of this polish? Do you like grey? Are you an Essie fan? What do you think of the finish? Let me know in the comments or on Instagram and Pintrest (my username is thegoodnailsblog) and don't forget to follow me on Blogger to keep up with my content!
May your nails be good
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post