Geometric Broken Glass Shards Nail Art Tutorial

Hello, everybody! Today I bring you another nail art tutorial using something real pretty, a duo-chromatic nail polish! The polish that I was inspired to use for these nails was Bali Mist by Sinful Colors. It is a purple to green duo chromatic nail polish that looks great over a dark nail polish as a base. You won't believe how simple and fun these nails are to do, so let's get into it!

These nails remind me of the inside of a mother-of-pearl, so iridecent and shimmery and shifty!


To do these nails, we will be using a very common household item- a zip-lock bag! Start by taking an iridescent or sheer duochrome nail polish and applying a large patch of it to the bag. If your bag has a darkened section meant for labelling, avoid this and paint over the clear section of the bag.


Wait for about an hour and a half, then pry the nail polish off of the plastic bag using a sharp tool, so that you end up with a sheet of polish. I noticed that there are some types of plastic bags that the polish will adhere too and will not peel off of. If you cannot peel off the nail polish, add a coat of top-coat over the whole patch and once that is dry the polish should come off easily.


Next, cut the sheet of nail polish into little triangles.


Now, we are going to adhere the triangles to the nail. Paint your nails with one coat of nail polish and wait until it is partially dry before adhering the triangles to the nail. An easy way to place the triangles onto the nail is to gently pick them up with a pair of cuticle nippers, which will act like tweezers for a more precise placement.


And that's it! These are simple and pretty, I reckon they are great for any occasion. Hold these up to the light and watch these shift; from purple to green to purple to green, it'd hypnotic! I love peeling the nail polish off of the bag, it's fun! I would love to wear this on my toes when I'm at the beach, it would be like walking around with sea-shells on my toes! What do you guys think? Where would you were these nails? Does the bag technique sound interesting to you? Let me know right here in the comments or on Pinterest and Instagram (my username is thegoodnailsblog) and don't forget to share your creations with me using the #goodnails!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Jungle Beat Collection Swatch and Review