Grungy Plaid Nail Art Tutorial

Hello! Today I share with you  a great achievement; plaid nails! Never, ever before have I been able to successfully complete a set of plaid nails, but I practised and I practised and I practised some more and now I can proudly pass on my millions of years (slight exaggeration) of experience to you guys with a grungy plaid nail art tutorials!


The two colours that I happened to be practising plaid nails with when I had my eureka moment were red and black, which made me want to do something a bit grungy and dark. These are very 'grungy school-girl punk' inspired. The dark purple base that I used was Mecca Cosmetics Thaisa , the black was by Cotton On and the red is Revlon Red by Revlon.


To start off, use a small nail art brush to draw a vertical line in red, then beside it draw a line in black. Then on the other side of the nail draw another  vertical red line.


Next add two horizontal red lines at the end of the nail.


Finish up the pattern with a black horizontal line at about one quarters of the way down the nail.


Just so you guys know, I reverse the horizontal lines on two of these nails (my pointer and middle fingers), which was a mistake that I just kind of ran with, it just goes to show; even after millions of years of practice, one can still make mistakes. I hope that you enjoyed these nails and I hope that you guys have better luck in the plaid department that I do ;)! Tell me! What did you think? Are you a plaid genius, or have you been practising for a million years? Do you like this grungy look? Would these nails make a good school-uniform (possibly for a school of goths?)? Let me know right here in the comments section (please do!) and on Instagram and Pinterest (my username is thegoodnailsblog).
May your nails be good!
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post