L'oreal Infalliable Gel Nail Polish Pastels Swatch and Review (Boxing Day Haul Part 4)

Hello everybody! What's up today? Here in thegoodnails world we are coming to the final installment my Boxing Day Haul Series. It sure was fun making a series, I wanna do it again soon! For our final installment I will be sharing some of my favourite finds from Boxing day; L'oreal Infalliable Gel pastel nail polishes!



But, why am I so excited about these polishes, you ask? Well, for a start I LOVE pastels, I can't get enough of them! The second reason is that I had been eyeing one of these polishes (Marshmallow Power, especially) online, and was beyond belief when I found them tucked away in a clearance section, it was fate! If you aren't familiar with the Infalliable Gel range from L'oreal, these polishes are 5ml and come with a top-coat that is also to be used as a base coat. Each of these top/base coats are to only be used for the polish that they come with. Three polishes are apart of a pastel trio, the other one being one of the earlier releases from this line. Now, let the swatches begin!

Our very first polish is called Unlimited Lollipink, the name is kinda wierd, I know. Now, as a pink lover obviously this is my cup of tea, BUT, there is something a bit wrong with the formula. If you overwork the polish (meaning you use a lot of strokes when applying the polish to the nail) the polish become streaky and full of dark spots. When I put it on, there were two nails which were opaque in three coats and two that I had overworked that needed a forth coat to cover up those nasty dark spots. Four coats is shown in the photo.

You can see some of the dark spot at the three coat mark in this picture, but they were much more obvious in real life.


Next we have a swatch of Endless Candyheart. This is a beautiful pastel purple colour with a great formula which builds up in two coats. This one was a lot better than Unlimited Lollipink and it had the best formula out of all of the polishes. It's a beautiful shade for purple and pastel lovers, not to be missed!


Finally we arrive at the polish that I was most excited about, Marshamllow Power! Wow! Don't you just love that name? The polish is an off-white colour and the formula isn't bad, though it does have a slight problem with overworking. Some nails were almost opaque in two coats, but three coats was needed to gain full opacity and get rid of any dark spots.

Last up on the polish roster is Irresistable Bon Bon. This is the nail polish that was not apart of the the pastel trio. It's a pretty pastel pink and it is different in colour to Unlimited Lollipink. This is slightly more salmon toned. I had a real problem with this polish. The formula was prone to dark spots (much less so than Unlimited Lollipink) and needed four coats for full coverage. I noticed that the polish seemed to take quite a while to dry as well, which I found very annoying, I got polishes to swatch, I ain't got time for this! Last complaint; the finish was ridiculously bubbly, and I almost never have problems with bubbles! It's possible that the top-coat that comes with the polish would smooth that out, though. Four coats is shown.


Here is a comparison photo of the two pinks. As you can see Irresistable Bon Bon leans a lot more towards a peachy/salmony tone whereas Unlimited Lollipink is more of a straight-up pastel pink cream.

 This is what the bottle looks like; there is a long capsule where the two polishes fit in as to keep them from being separated. It's a cute ides, but it makes these very difficult to store, they take up sooo much room! And by the way, the brush on these is a heavenly wide paddle brush, which with these formulas I am very, very grateful for!


Overall these polishes were kind of a mixed bag. While I like the colours of the pink polishes, they are very difficult to use with a frustrating amount of coats needed for full coverage. The formula on the two pink polishes remind me a lot of two lighter polishes that I tried from the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel Range (B-girl and Smartease) which also had issues with dark spots and overworking.I'm not sure why, but when it comes to pastel or lighter coloured nail polishes that have a gel-esque formula, they often end up with watery and patchy formulas that are difficult to use. Marshmallow Power and Endless Candyheart were definitely standouts though!I actually enjoyed the formula on Endless Candyheart and it's just sooo pretty. Since the Infalliable Gel range prides itself on wear time, I did a wear test using Endless Candyheart, and was happy with the result. I went about two days before I had a chip on one nail. Keep in mind that I have not actually left nail polish on my nails for a while, because they need to be naked so that I can make posts for this blog. The last time I actually wore a manicure on both my hands and with a base/top-coat (which was about two weeks ago) it took less than a day for it to be totally and utterly wrecked and I had to take it off, so in comparison this polish certainly lasted pretty well. What do you guys think? Are these polishes yay or nay? Which of these is your favourite? Is four coats worth it for Unlimited Lollipink and Irresistable Bon Bon? Let me know in the comments down below or on Instagram and Pinterest (my username is thegoodnailsblog)!
Click here for the other posts in this series!
Thanks for reading and May your nails be good!
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Jungle Beat Collection Swatch and Review