L'oreal Vernis A L'huile: Dimanche Apres Midi (Sunday Afternoon) Nail Polish Swatch and Review

Good day everybody! Today I bring you another swatch and review of a polish I picked up quite recently from L'oreal! This particular nail polish is from a range called 'vernis a l'huile' (l'huile means oil), which I have never tried before. Apparently, this polish is infused with different kinds of oils, similar to the Color Thearapy Range from Sally Hansen, except the oils in this polish are supposed to create richness of colour and add a shinier finish. The name of this polish is 'Dimanche Apres Midi' which apparently translated to Sunday afternoon.


This polish is a nude colour with some nail line showing. As I put it on my nails, I was very surprised as to how many coats it took to keep the finish from showing streaks. I originally thought that two coats would do the trick, but in the end I needed three, which made the polish quite opaque. In fact, from a distance you can't even tell that there is nail line showing, it's very subtle and elegant. The formula is also really great!One thing I did notice is that I started getting bubbles on one of my nails, like, real bad. The same thing has happened in the past on my nails with L'oreal nail polish, but I don't know if it's only me that has experienced these problems.



The polish also has a beautiful scent, I don't know how to describe that scent, but it's beautiful!

One of my favourite things about this polish has got to be the bottle. This bottle has got class for DAYS! The bottle is made of glass with a criss-cross pattern cut into the bottle. The golden cap is beautifully crafted with the l'oreal logo embossed into it. The label on the top of the cap matches the colour of the polish, and the lettering is done in gold to match the colour of the cap. 

And, oh my god, the brush! It has an amazing wide paddle and makes an absolute breeze. Application was even easy on my pinky finger, which I usually struggle with when using a wide paddle brush. It is everything, and then some.


This polish is elegant and subtle, perfect for just about every occasion, it's just very, very wearable. If your not into nail line, I reckon this would be great for a french tip manicure. I like a little nail line, and I love this polish, especially the way that it applies. But, if this polish was terrible, I think I'd still buy it, for the brush and the bottle. What do you guys think? Have you tried this range of polish? Do you like a little bit of nail line? What do you think of that bottle? Let me know down below in the comments or on Instagram and Pinterest (my username in thegoodnailsblog)!
                                                                  May your nails be good
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post