Monochrome Dotted Reverse French Tip nails Wrapped in a Ribbon Nail Art Tutorial

Guys! Hello! Welcome to another nail art tutorial! Today I will be teaching you how to do a perfect reverse french tip mani, but were gonna make it real special with monochrome dots and wrap it all up in a pretty pink bow! Are you ready? Let's go!



Our fist step in making the perfect reverse french tip is to make an outline so that we can fill it in lately. On a white base coat (I used two coats of Blanc by Essie) take a small nail art brush and with black nail polish create a large oval shape.This doesen't need to be very neat or opaque because it is just an outline and we will be filling it in in just a second!




Now, take the brush from your nail polish bottle and fill in the outline to create the reverse french tip look. I find that this method is a lot neater and easier than others that I have seen, where an outline is not used. Remember to go riiiight to the bottom of your outline to get it nice and opaque.



The next thing that we're gonna do is the monochrome dots. Isn't monochrome fun? I think it adds such an elegant touch to any nail art! Use a medium sized dotting tool and white nail polish to create your dots. If you struggle to get the dots neat and evenly dispersed, than I suggest creating a pattern of your dots. For example on these nails, I placed the dots so that they were in a zig-zag pattern. After completing half of the nail, I did the same exact pattern on the other half. It really works, my dotting looks so messy if I don't arrange the dots in a pattern!


Now we're going to start wrapping these nails up! To make the bow, take a small nail art brush dipped in a pretty pink polish ( I used Revlon Sweet Tart) and draw a line about one third of the way down the nail. Depending on how opaque you can get this, you may need to go other this again.


Next, create the bow. Simply draw a bow shape over the line to create a ribbon. If the colour isn't opaque enough, go over it again. And there! Now you have completed these nails!


There they are, guys! I think that these nails are really elegant and girly, and, bonus! They are super easy! Black, white and pink are such a pretty combination! What do you guys think? Are you guys going to master the technique of the reverse french tip manicure? Do you like the colour combos? Let me know what you think down below in the comments or in Instagram and Pinterest (my username is thegoodnailsblog) and share your creations with me using the #goodnails!
May your nails be good
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post