Avon "Red Bombshell" Red Nail Polish Swatch and Review

Hi everybody! How are you going? I have the most mind-boggling nail polish to show you guys. I cannot wrap my brain around it, it's driving me crazy(er than normal). But maybe that's just coz' I've got a really bad cold, or maybe it's both that and that this polish is crazifying, or possibly (conspiracy theory) this polish was sent to earth by aliens in order to drive humans insane so that they can take over the planet. Yep, it's definitely that last one.


This is Red Bombshell from the Avon nailwearpro line. As you can see, this is a classic red polish, but it is not exactly what it seems! This polish has nail line showing, even at three coats! Gasp! Double gasp! Now, you might not be able to see it in the swatch pictures (you kinda can if you're lookin' for it) but, it is definitely visible in person. The shininess of the polish distracts from the nail line, but it's still there, and I have no idea if this is done on purpose or not! On the first coat, I painted it on my nails and though "my! what great coverage, I think I may have found a one coater", but when I looked at my nail my nail line was totally visible, entailing me being absolutely gobsmacked. I put the second coat on thinking that that would do the job but......


Nope! As you can see above, nail line = visible! And, you guys already know what happened on coat number three. I just can't figure out what this polish is supposed to be! I don't think it's a jelly, it looks too opaque. I just don't know!


One thing that I can say for sure, is that the formula on this polish is awesome! It's buttery smooth and just amazing to apply. The brush is equally great; it's large, but not huge, so I think it would work well for both wide and smaller nail beds. I loved it a lot! I mentioned this before, but the shininess of this polish is absolutely off the scale, in fact I think it broke the scale!


Overall, I may sound a little critical of this polish, but really I loved it. It's ridiculous! It's mind boggling! It's amazing! I don't like plain red polishes all that much, but dang, I'd wear this, and I'd love wearing it. I actually don't mind visible nail line in a nail polish, as long as it's done on purpose, especially on this polish where the shine distracts from the nail line. So, if you love reds, love shine but don't like nail line (oh! that rhymes) I think you still might like this polish. Also, if you want to see how this nail polish applies, you can view the live application video on my Instagram! What do you guys think about this polish? Have you got anything like it? Do you have any ideas as to why it is like this (please tell me if you do, if only to stop me from pulling my hair out)? Do you love a super shiny finish? Let me know right here in the comments or on Instagram and Pintrest (my username is thegoodnailsblog)!
May your nails be good
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post