Essie 'Chinchilly' Grey Nail Polish Swatch and Review

Hello everybody! How have you been? It has been a little bit since I have done a swatch and review, mostly because I was doing Valentines posts, but I have some really cool polishes to show you guys, starting with this polish; Chinchilly by my favourite brand, Essie!


Chinchilly! Isn't that name just the most adorable thing? It lends itself very well to the colour of this polish as well. The colour is very hard to describe, I wish I could just call it Chinchilla-fur grey, but that won't do! Hmm, let's see.... I guess if I had to label this I would call it a 'cool-purple-toned-grey', there! It has a name! It is probably totally inaccurate, but, y'know, it's something. I guess that my lack of understanding of this colour only goes to show that It's pretty darn unique. I like it! It's very elegant!


Now, let's get talkin' bout' that formula! The formula is just a teeny little bit runny, not a lot, just a little. But, overall I didn't have any actual issues with application, even though this bottle does have the regular itty-bitty Essie brush, not the beautiful and majestic wide paddle brush, so not really much of a negative. Also, I happen to slightly thicker formulas over thinner formulas, so it's possibly just an issue of preference.


My overall thoughts on this polish is that it is kinda a must have! The cool-purple-toned-grey (I'm hoping that will catch on) shade makes for a beautiful and subtle manicure that is still super unique! It also definitely reminds me of a Chinchilla. Naming on point Essie, naming on point! What do you guys think? Do you love this polish? How did I do describing the colour? Do you prefer thicker or thinner formulas? OH! And before I totally forget, which I actually almost did, I will have a live application of this polish on my Instagram, so if you wanna check out how it applies to the nail you can watch that here. Don't forget to let me know what you think right here in the comments or on Instagram and Pintrest (my username is thegoodnailsblog)!
May your nails be good
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post