Zoya Anastasia Reddish-Brown Nail Polish Swatch and Review

Hiya everybody! I'm so happy today, because ZOYA! I adore Zoya, and today I will be doing my first (but definitely not last) swatch and review of a Zoya nail polish! I bought this polish a while ago with another Zoya polish, then I forgot about it (silly me), so when the package arrived and I opened it I was like "Oh my god! Zoya! I was not expecting you". Once, I wrote a short story and named the main character Zoya, in honour of Zoya nail polish. As you can probably tell, I really love this brand!


This polish is called Anastasia. I had just a little bit of trouble figuring out what the colour was; but I think it is best described as a reddish brown colour (I wonder if there are any foxes this colour...I know, my thought are random). Guys, I have never had a reddish brown nail polish before, but know I want more, coz' this is beautiful! I adore the combination of the colour as well as the gold shimmer, it works really well. But, and I am so sorry to say that there is a but, but the formula on this was not good. Like, at all. When I went to apply the polish, I was using a coat that was neither thick nor thin and as I tried to apply it, there were these lumps of polish that I had to keep working at in order to get the polish smooth. I have honestly never seen anything like it before!


 On my next nail, I tried using a very thin coat. That time, I didn't end up with weird polish bubbles, so I stuck with the thin coat method and built the polish up to full opacity in three coats. I really don't know what went wrong with that, it's possible that I got a bad batch, but at least there is a solution.


I love the  Zoya bottle! It is simple and elegant in shape, with only the logo and a line of text on the front of the bottle. It's so classic and beautiful, but also very small and easy to store. The Zoya brush is quite small, I don't love it or hate it, but it's never given me any problems.


 Overall, I just adore the colour of this polish, but does that outweigh the nasty formula? Yeah, it does, I love it so much! The formula wasn't that bad after I got used to it, it was just a bit runny and thin, but that initial coat I found absolutely shocking! I hope that this was just a bad batch and that you guys have had a good experience with this polish! If you would like to see how this baby applies you can do so here. But, I wanna know what you guys think! What do you think about the formula? Do you think it was a bad batch? Have you got any reddish brown nail polishes? Let me know right here in the comments of on Pintrest and Instagram (my username is thegoodnailsblog).
May your nails be good!
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post