Floral Half-moon Nail Art Tutorial

Hey guys! Wazzup? I'm sooooo excited, because guess what polishes I just picked up? Two full Sinful Colours collections, and I'm thrilled 'coz it's been approximately forever since I last did a collection swatch and review! Unfortunately, my nails are not in absolute peak form at the moment, and two of them seem to be growing out very, very slowly! It's frustrating because I have so many amazing polishes to share with you guys; grow nails, grow! For now, I have another nail art tutorial which I did totally on the spur of the moment (inspiration hit me like a lightening bolt, but, y'know, a less physically harmful lightening bolt) about.....hmmm, let's see, two months ago, I think? Anyway, enjoy this well-aged tutorial!


Hmm...I wonder if these flowers actually look like some real life flowers somewhere...no, probably not, I totally made them up, so it's not likely! The polishes that I used for this manicure were Revlon Craving Coral, Spirit by Revlon Top Dry, Sourise by David Jones and Knockout by Revlon.


To start off, take the brush from your nail polish bottle and wipe a lot of the polish off. Then, wipe the polish across the end of your nail in a circular motion to create the half moon effect. This is obviously a little tricky, so I recommend taking it slowly to avoid making mistakes.


Next, outline the half-moon in black polish using a small nail art brush.


Now, it's time to get some flowers up in these nails! Use a nail art brush to create a line with a rounded end, this is the first petal of the flower!


Continue to make petals until you've got your first full flower!


Continue this process until you have 2-3 flowers on each nail.


Our very last step is to add the centres of each flower. To do this, use yellow nail polish and a small nail art brush to create a few small dots in the centre of each flower.


I just love floral nails, coz' I'm allergic to real flowers but still think that they are pretty; so why not put them on my nails were I won't sneeze when I look at them? Oh! Also, these would be great for everyone on the other side of the world who is in spring right now! I just love spring nails! The polish that I used for the flowers and half-moon was supposed to be a coral, but it just looks so orange to me, it's so strange! But, anyway, I wanna hear your thoughts on these nails! Do you like floral nails? Does this colour look orange to you? Have you done a half-moon mani before? Let me know right here in the comments or on Instagram and Pintrest (my username is thegoodnailsblog)!
May your nails be good!
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post