Sinful Colors 'Mint Apple" (St Patricks Day number 8) Swatch and Review

INCOMING! It's another swatch and review for the Top Ten Nail Polishes to Wear this St Patricks Day series! Gee, I really want to make an abbreviation for that title, my arm hurts typing it! Or, maybe I just need a robot arm. Anyway, after two super unique colours heading up the number ten and nine spots, what could possibly come next......Mint Apple, that's what! Now, you may recognise this polish from my most recent nail art tutorial, that's coz it's a really great addition for St Patricks Day!


A very interesting fact about this polish is that I own two bottles of it. Why do I own two bottles? Well I spilt half of the polish right out of my first bottle and then I saw it in the clearance bin for a dollar some months later and bought it coz' my other bottle was gettin pretty goopy and thick. Also, this was one of my first Sinful Colors polishes, so there is some history with this one here. But, I am not biased! This polish is on the list because it's pretty and it's unique! The colour is a slightly darkened mint colour with white shimmer through it. Somehow, it reminds me a bit of porcelain, but that's just coz' I did floral nail art on it once and thought; 'oh! that looks like a fancy tea-pot'! Also, I've never seen a polish in this colour before, so the unique box gets a big 'ol tick!


So, if this polish is as pretty and unique as I say it is, then why is it number eight on the list? Unfortunately it's because of the formula. The formula (which I oddly remember as being opaque in two coats in the past...) is thin and runny, making it difficult to use. It takes three coats to get it to be fully opaque, so I am somewhat un-impressed. But, dang. I love this colour! I will just quickly mention the Sinful Colors brush; which I like. It's not large, but it't not small either; so I reckon that it's perfectly usable, whether you have small or wide nail beds.


Alright; so final thoughts. I think that this polish is a classic, it's really beautiful and I have a lot of love for it. But, I don't like the formula, and I don't understand why it takes three coats to build up. It's not like the color is light and therefore difficult to build up, and the shimmer is quite subtle, so I don't see why that would effect the number of coats needed for full opacity. Despite that, It deserves a place on this list  and it still deserves to be on your nails this St Patricks Day. If you are interested in seeing how this polish applies, then you can watch the swatch video here, on Instagram! What do you guys think? Do you love this colour as much as me? Have you tried this polish? What do you think about the formula? Let me know below in the comments or on Instagram and Pintrest (my username is thegoodnailsblog)!
May your nails be good and lucky
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post