Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Helloooo! Helloooo! Heloooo! Oh my! I am really very, very excited to present to you all a new collection swatch and review from Sinful Colours! This is the new core collection from Sinful Colours for 2019, which consists of 8 nail polishes. The slightly oddity here is that there are two nail polishes that I haven't seen in the other collection reviews; these being Holo Back and All Jokes Acia'd. It's possible that they are exclusive to Australia or maybe were released a little later than the rest of the collection? Those are my running theories, but if anyone knows please share your awesome information down below in the comments section! Y'know, when I do a collection review I never know which polish to start with! Do I choose something that works well as a representation of the overall collection? Do I pick my favourite or least favourite? Do I just pick whichever swatch photo I see first? Yep, the last one, it's always the last one, otherwise I'll never choose! Damn my indecisiveness!


There are all the pretty polishes, lined up in a pretty line! Actually, it's not a line; it's a squiggle! Even better!



Okay everybody, it's time for the first swatch and review~! This polish is Spring Fling. It's a super light purple shade, which looks almost like a white with just a 'lil bit of purple in it. This is a really pretty and subtle shade; I like it! It reminds me of like, a really pale flower! And, for being such a light colour, the formula is really good! It's 2 coats to full opacity and the formula is really easy to work with; it self-levels great and goes on super easily!


Right up next is another kinda spring-y shade that's also very flowery; Violet Riot! I always kinda think of Violet as a lighter more lilac-y shade for some reason, but it's actually very much this pink-ish purple colour! It's a really strong beautiful shade. I must say that the formulas in this collection are pretty much the same across the board, although this on was slightly more sheer (not by much) than the other shades, some of which you can get away with in one coat and I'll talk about this more later, but this definitely needed two to cover the nail line.


Oh! A brown! That's pretty different from the last 2, huh? Anyway, this polish is called Hot Toffee, but it's kinda like a caramel brown. I am not the biggest fan of brown ever, so this isn't exactly my cup of tea (or cup of hot toffee) but for a brown lover, I highly recommend this! Like I said, the formulas are all very consistent and that's great coz' the formula is awesome. Another comment that I have about this whole collection is that the every polish seems to apply very very shiny, but when they dry they end up loosing a fair bit of that shine. This isn't a huge big deal, but it does disappoint me a bit coz' I love naturally shiny polishes!


This polish is called Street Legal and it's an ultra dark grey polish that looks very, very close to black. While it is very dark, it is still distinguishable from black, but you could still confuse the two at a distance. The formula on this one is still really good, but it also has a slightly more sheer formula on it, which I found to be very odd on such a dark colour.


The next polish is called All Jokes Acia'd and it's one of those ones that I didn't see in other swatch and reviews. Y'know, I don't really know what colour acai is,  but I think this is more of a Boysenberry shade. I really like this colour; it's pretty unique I haven't seen a whole lot like it! And, though the formulas were all similar, this has gotta be my favourite; coz you can get it opaque in ONE COAT! In the swatch photo I did two, for consistency's sake, but I ain't messing around when I say one coat, it is really, really opaque, and of course has that awesome formula!


This is another dark one; Show and Teal. Wait, what? This ain't a teal! This is dark blue! Name aside, this is a beautiful colour; I just love it! Despite being a dark colour, this actually had a slightly squishy formula, meaning that you need two coats for full opacity. But, I do feel like this polish held it's shine better because of it.


Up next is Raisin the Roof. Y'know what; when I don't know exactly how to describe a colour, that's when I know it's unique. This one? I don't exactly know how to describe it; it's like an ox-blood red that is purple toned? I think? You get the picture; it's a unique colour. Same kinda squishy formula on this one as well, and it's also one of the dark polishes in this collection


The very last polish is Holo Back, which is the other polish that I could not find in other swatch and reviews for this collection. As you may already know, it can be very difficult to capture a holographic polish on camera, that's why it's hard to tell that this polish is holographic in the picture. Anyway, this is a topper made up of larger round holographic glitters and a fine dusting of itty-bitty holographic glitters. It gives a really nice coverage of both kinds of glitters without any need to fish them out, this is one coat over Spring Fling.



By the way, you probably know this already, but all of these polishes have a sticker with 'New Shades' on it so you can pick 'em out easily! Overall I have some kinda mixed feelings about this collection. While every polish is executed very well and I encountered no problems with the fantastic formulas, I wish that there were a few shimmer polishes or something in here as well, as with the exception of Holo Back these polishes were all cremes. My favourite thing about the entire collection is the formulas which, but I didn't totally fall in love with the colours in this collection. My favourites are All Jokes Acai'd, Holo Back and Show and Teal. Don't forget to look out for my subsequent post for this collection which will have comparisons and more swatch photos!
May your nails be good
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post