Sally Hansen Miracle Gel 'I Lava You' Pink Nail Polish Swatch and Review

Hey guys! How are you going? Today we will be once again be looking at a polish from the Sally Hansen Miracle Gel range! I have REALLY been looking forward to trying out this polish! And that is because I have a long history with this polish; I once saw it when I was on holidays and I was drawn to it like a magnet, I thought 'Ooh! Pretty polish! I like it',  and then I saw it again a few months later (a few weeks ago)  in the clearance bin (aka the best bin ever) and snatched it up for a bargain bin price! I was interested in this polish because a) it was pink, and b) it had some really pretty shimmer in there!


So! This is I Lava You, by of course, Sally Hansen. This is a peachy pink polish with two kinds of shimmery shimmer; pink and gold. Out of the two shimmers, the gold definitely stands out better, the pink is kinds hiding a little bit; I think that it is because of the already pink base that it doesn't stand out quite as much. But still, it is a really pretty polish, and quite unique too!


The formula for this polish surprised me in more ways than one. The first of these surprises was that the first coat was SO sheer! I didn't think in a million years, that I would have been able to build it up in three coats, and that was the second surprise; I could! I did three really thick coats, and my nails are pretty well covered, but I think I can still see some nail line on two of  my nails. Also, I don't think it would be quite so opaque in thinner coats; you might just need to slap on a fourth in that case. Though, I suppose you could just put a coat of two over a similar coloured polish and use it like a topper; that might just work!


Overall, this polish pleased me! I really like the two colours of shimmer and I really like the base colour as well, it's a really good combo, even if that pink shimmer gets lost a bit. While the sheerness of the formula was a bit of a surprise, it's not un-usable, and it got a lot more opaque than I could have anticipated after that first coat! So, I am still quite happy with this polish that I was so magnetically drawn too.
May your nails be good
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review