Essie 'It's Genius' Burgandy Nail Polish Swatch and Review

Hi guys! I am so sorry for my absence, it's been so long since I have posted anything! I have just been SUPER busy lately and haven't gotten a chance to post. But, anyway I'M BACK! And, even better, I'm back with an Essie polish to swatch and review, isn't that great? Today we will be looking at an Essie polish called It's Genius (sounds like a promising name for a pretty polish!), and upon a quick search, I found this polish is from WAY back in 2008, now, that;'s a way of a ways back, and I am really looking forward to seeing what a polish from back then is like, so let's hop into the swatch and the review guys!

\
And there it is, It's Genius (isn't it though?). Anyway, upon first inspection I was not sure what exactly this colour was, at first I thought wine purple, but now I think it's more of a burgundy. The colour also looks slightly different in different lightings, which further added to my confusion when I was trying to figure out exactly what the colour was. Oh! And it's got a really super subtle gold shimmer in there as well, and I say really super subtle, I mean REALLY super subtle, but it still adds a really pretty touch to this polish!


Formula wise, I don't really have a lot of complaints when it comes to this polish. The most issues that I ran into with application was that skinny-old Essie brush, which made it a lot more difficult to apply it than if it had had that big, beautiful new Essie brush! Otherwise though, I found two coats got it very opaque, but in some lighting I can see a few itty bitty little patches, so depending on your preference and application you may need three coats, I am pretty happy with two though.


As an Essie fan, it was really great reviewing something a polish that is a little older, but what was really great is that this polish is beautiful! I love  the uniqueness of the colour especially, I don't really think I have a whole lot like it in my collection. That shimmer and that colour pair really well as well for a shimmer that's not really in your face, but still looks pretty. That's it for now guys, see you in another post later!
May your nails be good
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review