Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Jungle Beat Collection Swatch and Review

Hello everybody! Today is a very, very, very exciting day for this blog because this is my first ever swatch and review of a collection!


I was super pumped when I started seeing polishes from the Vanessa Hudgens collection around October, and picked up the four polishes that were available. When I brought my polishes home and looked them up, I was only able to find two of them on the Sinful Colors website, which were apart of the festival collection. I only found a swatch or two of the other polishes that I picked up and no mention of them from SC on their website. As time went by and more Vanessa Hudgens polishes started popping up, I noticed the same thing happening; these polishes didn't seem to exist! It was not until I saw a display at a Priceline store that I rarely visited that it finally made sense; these polishes must have been from a separate collection which had yet to be announced.


And so, this is how I came to realise these were apart of the 'jungle beat' collection which, as far as I can tell, has yet to be released in other countries. I have also seen the announcement of this collection on Instagram. I believe that this is the full collection, but without a proper PR announcment, I can't be sure. If there are more polishes in the PR announcement,I will try to find them, swatch them and add them to this post. For now, I am very pleased to share with you these fantastic polishes, let the swatches begin!


First in line Heat Wave. Heat Wave is a pumpkin-orange nail polish with a slightly jelly-ish formula. Depending on application, it is opaque in two to three coats. Shown is two, but I have worn it in the past in three coats. It's got natural shine for days, coz' of the jelly-like formula. Love this one, especially in the summertime when the title 'heat wave' is literal.


Here is Luscious. I wasn't really sure how to describe this colour, it's like the midpoint between a red and an orange. When I looked it up I found out this midpoint was a colour called Vermillion, who woulda known? This polish build up easily in two coats, which I found sort of surprising given that it's packed shimmer. It reminds me of Hands Up from the original Vanessa Hudgens festival collection, and I'd reckon they'd look awesome together.


Next up we have Off the Vine, green polish with a gorgeous gold shimmer. When I saw this in the bottle, I did not think that I was gonna be a fan, but when I put it on my nails it was a completely different story. The shimmer is very complementary to the base colour it just screams JUNGLE. Two coats for it to be totally opaque. Hooray, for all these shimmery beautiful polishes that build up so easily!



YES, Sinful Colours, YES! I love Yellows and this is a really beautiful one. This is called Nectar, the colour is slightly darkened, almost a little mustardy but I wouldn't put it on a hot-dog. This is almost opaque in two coats on some nails, but I really needed a third to cover up some dark spots. Still, this is really unique and beautiful! I love it!


This was one of the first Vanessa Hudgens polishes I bought, and I must say I was a little dissapointed with this one. This is called Vicious, and it is almost an exact dupe for Sinful Colours Electric Sage. In the bottle there is a really strong duo-chromatic shimmer that goes from pink to blue, but it's all but lost on the nail. In some lights, if you look closely enough you can see little flecks of blue coming off of the polish, but it's very, very subtle. Two coats to full opacity.



As you can see, Electric Sage is a lot more densley packed with shimmer. The colour of Vicious is a little darker and the shimmer less densely dispersed, but they are otherwise very similar. I must say though, it is a bit of fun to look at the blue shimmer in Viscous, as almost non-existent as it is, so it still brings something a bit unique to the table. And by a bit, I mean a bit.


This is 'Orchid', and orchid it is!It looks exactly like pictures I've seen of blue/purple orchids, I am really impressed! The polish is a dark purple base with a super strong blue shimmer, and guess how many coats it builds up in? Yep, you guessed it, two gloriously easy coats! This is an absolutely stunning and unique polish!

Ok! Any pink lovers in the house? If so you (and me, I adore pinks) are in for a treat! This is called Dynamite, I know that you can't see it in the photo (weeps, I'm sorry guys, I tried my best) but it has a gorgeous duo-chrome shimmer which goes from gold to pink, and unlike Vicious, it stands out beautifully! Two coats for full opacity.


You can see the duochrome shimmer in the bottle shot (hooray)!


Oh no! We're at the end already? The last polish that I have to share with you guys is On the Prowl. This is a beautiful teal creme polish, and guess what? You can reach full opacity in one coat if you do a thick coat! When I swatched this, I had two nails that were opaque in 1 and two that I hadn't done as thick a coat on and needed two. Two coats are shown on each nail, but trust me, it can build up in one!

There we have it guys! This is just such an amazing collection, and it's filled with unique shades that I won't be forgetting any time soon! If I had to pick one favourite it would be Orchid, it just works so beautifully! But other standouts for me where Nectar, Dynamite and Off the Vine. I just love that the shimmer polishes are sooo buildable and the creams are also all fantastic, Sinful Colours should really pat themselves on the back for these! What do you guys think? What's your favourite? Which of these will you be picking up? Do you love these shimmer polishes? Let me know in the comments down below, or on Instagram and Pinterest (my username is thegoodnailsblog). Also, if you are after more Vanessa Hudgens/Sinful Colors collabaration reviews, you can read the full collection review for the winter collection here!
May your nails be good.
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review