Sally Hansen Triple Shine "Pixie Slicks" Pink Nail Polish Swatch and Review

Hello again everybody! Today I review my first Sally Hansen polish from the Triple Shine range. I wanted to do a swatch and review of something pink and pretty, because Valentines Day is coming up and this seemed perfect, so let's get into it. By the way, if you are looking for some pretty polishes for Valentines Day you can find some here.


There it is, our pretty pink polish! This is called 'Pixie Slicks', it is a peachy-pink (is that a thing?) colour and wow, it is SHINY! But (damn I hate that word when it comes to pretty polishes) it takes a shocking four coats to build this nail polish to full opacity. GASP, there's a plot twist for ya'. I did a thin first coat and then three thick coats to build it up. Yep, shocking, I know. I also found the formula to be a little bit thin and runny. I have a fair few of these Triple Shine polishes, but I have never tried any of them before, so I am not sure how they perform in comparison to this.


 Ooh! A rare picture of my thumb nail! But why, you ask? Because this holds all the secrets of this nail polish! I decided that I would conduct an experiment and try to build the polish up to full opacity in less coats. My test subject for said experiment was none other than my thumb (hi thumb!). The results showed that if you use ridiculously thick coats, then you can reach full opacity in three coats!


The cap of the bottle, which you can remove to reveal the brush (see photo below) is black with the Sally Hansen Triple Shine logo printed in large white font. The bottle is a thin, which is great really great for storage. But,  if you were to lose the lid for the bottle, it would become totally generic and a bit boring really.


(Above) Bottle without cap


The brush is quite unique, I don't think that I have seen a brush that's as big as this one! It's a little bigger than the Miracle Gel and Complete Salon Manicure brushes, but I don't think that that is necessarily a good thing, if it were a little smaller than I think it could have been a bit easier to control the formula. Also, I think that this would be really difficult to use if you have small nail beds.


Overall, I was not that impressed with this polish. Although I am in love with the colour, as I always am when it comes to pink polishes, the formula was difficult to build to full opacity as well as being somewhat thin and difficult to use. This was not helped by the over-sized brush, which did not allow for much control of the polish. What do you guys think? Have you tried polishes from the Triple Shine range? Do you love the colour as much as me? Would you wear this on Valentines Day? Let me know right here in the comments or on Instagram and Pintrest (my username is thegoodnailsblog). Special thanks to my thumb nail!
May your nails be good
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post