St Patricks Day Nail Art Tutorial: Gold and Green Diagonal Clover Nails

Hi guys! Happy St Patricks day to everybody in the southern hemisphere! I can't BELIEVE that it is already St Patricks Day! I still have St Patricks Day nail art tutorials to do! But, still, I am gonna do 'em,  mark my words! Anyway, today I am sharing one of them! I love clovers, I think that they are the cutest things in the world! I feel like I haven't done enough clover themed St Patricks Day nail art tutorials, so this manicure is based off of my burning desire to put clovers on my nails, even if they are only three-leaf clovers (I feel like my four-leaf clovers always look like green flowers)!


Whoa! I'm sorry that my photos turned out so dark, I'm not sure why though; it's a mystery! I like the diagonal effect of these nails; I kinda just did 'em on a whim; y'know experimenting and such, but I think that they look cool! The polishes I used for these nails were Sinful Colors Innocent and an unnamed gold Boe polish.


My...nails.....were...so....long......  I'm sorry, they broke about a week ago, I'm still kinda sad, especially seeing how long they had gotten.....Nail tutorial time! First we are going to start with the bottom half of the diagonal design. To do this, take the brush from your gold nail polish bottle and wipe a lot of the polish off. Then, wipe it across the nail diagonally until you are satisfied with how it looks. This should take up about half of the nail.


Now, repeat this process with your green nail polish on the top half of your nail.



Next were going to add some more St Patricks Day charm to this design; the clovers! To draw the clovers, use a small nail art brush and green nail polish and create a dot then connect it to two other dots to create the base of the clover. Next, add a stem coming out from the middle of the clover. Create two or three of these going diagonally across the nail underneath the green section.


To finish off the design add a thin line in green using a nail art brush on the other side of the clovers, and there it is; done! If you are interested in seeing a video version of this tutorial, click here!


So cool! I love how this design looks! It's like a kinda edgy version of french tip nails; it's french tip nails on a slope! Also, I love the look of gold and green together in a St Patricks Day design; I wish I had done more nail art with that combination in mind! These are pretty easy if you've got some brush skills! French tip on a slope...I wan't that to be a thing! I shoulda put that in the title....maybe it'll catch on! Anyway guys, what did you think of these nails? Do you like the French Tip on a Slope? What do you think of gold and green together? Have your four-leaf clovers ever turned out looking like green flowers? Let me know in the comments section and on Instagram and Pintrest (my username is thegoodnailsblog).
May your nails be good and lucky!
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post