Ciate Mini 'Hopscotch' Orange Nail Polish Swatch and Review

Hello everybody! I have yet another exciting post today (they just keep coming right?!) as today marks both the first Ciate swatch and review and the first ever swatch and review of  mini nail polish! Both of those things, all at once! Actually, this is the very first Ciate polish that I have ever tried, so I am looking forward to sharing my very first thoughts on this brand! Also, I am looking forward to just unwinding and chilling as I write this post; as I have been WAY too busy lately!


This here is Hopscotch, and it is a nice kind of red-orange colour. I really enjoy this kind of colour, especially looking at it in different lighting and thinking 'Ooh right now it looks more red than orange' or 'Wow! Now of looks orange again!' Also, it's not quite as common a colour as your typical orange. It's just a really fun, bright colour that I enjoy a lot!



Ok, so the formula on this polish was not at all what I was expecting, but kind of in a good way! It was one of those formulas that is sheer but opaque at the same time, and what I mean by that is the colour is pigmented, but at some angled you can still see some nail line as well. It is a lot like the formula for Avon's Red Bombshell, which absolutely boggled my mind when I first applied it, I just couldn't understand it one itty-bit! Thankfully, I did not have the same reaction with this polish because I had had experience with that kind of formula. I actually like this kind of look with just a little bit of nail line showing even at three coats and it is very shiny! And, apart from being sheer-paque (I have named this kind of formula. Get it, guys? sheer+opaque, sheer-paque!) it applies really smoothly to the nail. Three coats is shown, but if you wanted,you could wear this at one coat and have some more nail line showing with a colour that is still pigmented (I have done the same thing with Red Bombshell and I really liked the look!).


Ooh! Look! Cute little mini bottle! I just love anything mini, it's so cute! I also really like this bottle. It is a curved shape with that little circular Ciate label and that long black cap. I think it is such a simple but lovely shape, and I have a hunch that if you had a bunch of these little Ciates all in a drawer together that they would store quite well, but like I said, that's just a hunch! Also, just a lil' side note, it felt so weird trying to hold on to this tiny little bottle in the photos! 


Really, the only thing that disappointing me about this polish was the brush, or rather, the cap. While the brush was a good size, particularly for a mini, I found that the cap felt very awkward in my hand and made the brush hard to control and application a bit more difficult than usual. 

Overall, my first experience with Ciate was really good! I enjoyed so many elements of this polish; the colour the formula, the bottle, just about everything except that little brush/cap issue. I wonder how the big Ciates compare to the little Ciates (Or is it regular and mini?) in the cap/brush department? I hope that I will find out in the future!
May your nails be good
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review