Sally Hansen Color Foil (Chrome) 'Rose Copper' Swatch and Review

Hey guys! What's going on? Today I bring you another swatch and review for a Sally Hansen nail polish. I love the way that there are sooo many different finishes, bottles, brushes and lines of nail polish which Sally Hansen creates. I think they really push the bottle (get it?) when it comes to releasing different lines of polishes. Today I will be reviewing a great example of this, Rose Copper from the Color Foil range.


Mmh, look at that shiny, foily, chromey goodness! And I think that I just invented two new words! As far as I can tell, there isn't much nail polish on the market that has a finish similar to this. That's why I just love this. The coverage is really awesome, it was practically opaque in one coat, but I felt that I could see just a teeny lil' bit of nail line at some angles, so two coats is shown. Oh, also it dries super fast, like, super fast! The colour is called 'Rose Copper', but I think it's pretty much just a straight up rose gold.


One thing that I did notice as soon as I put this on my nail is that the colour was really wrong! It seemed that the pigments had separated, and the first nail that I painted ended up being silver with a rose gold streak! I gave the bottle a good shaking and then applied it to the next nail, which ended up having the same problem. Not to worry, though! I gave it another shake and the other nails were A-ok! In the photo, you can see what the first nail that I painted looked like, compared to a nail that was colour accurate. By the way, the bottle does say to shake before use, so I guess that is it was my bad for not reading the instructions.


Speaking of the bottle, I noticed that the shape is exactly the same as the bottle's from the 'Velvet Texture' (Read more about that here) as well as the 'Patent Gloss' polishes.


The brush is the same as too, but it's a good brush, no complaints here!


The other instructions on the bottle mention 'not to use a top or base coat' and to 'touch up the polish as needed'. Hmmm, I wonder if that means that it doesn't have a long wear time? I have got it on my nails right now and the finish does look a bit scuffed....I wonder why no top or base coat though? It's kinda a mystery to me.


Overall, I really enjoyed this polish. Besides the (fixable) pigmentation problems that it had, the finish and colour were really beautiful, and I would definitely love to try another polish from this range, coz' it's so, so pretty! Also, that drying time, guys, it's awesome! It just makes this polish super easy to use, it's so quick! What do you guys think? Do you love this polish? So you have any idea as to why no base coat or top coat should be used? Do you think that this wears well, or really badly? Let me know right here in the comments or on Instagram and Pinterest (my username is thegoodnailsblog)!
Thanks for reading, and may your nails be good!
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post