Sally Hansen 'Green thumb' (St Patricks Day number 3) Green nail polish Swatch and Review

Hiya! Boy, is today an exciting day. Well, my nail broke again last night, so that's not exciting (AT ALL!) but I am not concentrating on that; I'm thinking about the fact that we are in the TOP THREE! Isn't that exciting? I'm right to be excited, aren't I? This list is so full of green nail polishes that I don't think that you guys will want to see another green nail polish swatched for about a year (cough cough, next St Patricks Day, cough),  but the upside is that they are all really amazing polishes to wear for St Patricks Day, so I hope that list has given you some nail-inspiration! Anyway, I thought it would be nice to have a little emotional spiel here given that we are in the top three now, but I'll get into the swatch and review not; no more rambling, I promise! Oh, and if you don't know what this list is, click here for all the info you need!


This polish is called Green Thumb and it is also from the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear range (if you don't know what I mean by also I mean I swatched and reviewed another polish from this range for this list). I'm kinda mulling over what I should call this colour; I feel like a suitible description is a mid-toned green, coz' it's not a light green but It's not super dark either, but I don't think that that actually exists (wait, maybe I can just invent it! No! No! I will not do that...must...stick..to...facts.....). So yeah...I think I will just call this a plain old dark green (or a mid-toned green, if someone can invent that for me!). This polish also has a very, very shiny finish, more details in the formula section down below!


If you are wondering how such a miraculously shiny finish is achieved, that secret lies in the formula! The formula is odd, but really awesome and I love it so much because.....(pause for ultra-dramatic effect) the first coat has a jelly-like formula! Yep, you read that right! The first coat is super sheer and jelly like but the second coat builds the polish to full opacity, innit that weird! You would generally think that with a jelly-like formula it would take three coats to build it up; but nope! It's great in two! Perfect, in fact! AND super shiny! I adore this formula, It may be one of the most memorable formulas in my collection! If you guys wanna see the full extent of how this formula works, then you can watch the live application video here!


Lookit! Lookit how squishy it looks on the nail! I just love that effect, guys! But, it's not just the formula that makes this polish deserving of it's prestigious number three spot, it's also the colour. Just look at it; it's perfect for St Patricks day! It's so much fun to put on and so pretty to look at it, I just think that this polish is perfection! But, what do you guys think? What do you think of the formula? Do you know if there is such thing as a mid-toned green? Do you like the shiny shiny finish? Let me know down below in the comments or on Instagram and Pintrest (my username is thegoodnailsblog)!
May your nails be good and lucky
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post