Barry M 'Eat My Dust' (Easter Number 9) Blue Nail Polish Swatch and Review

Hiya everyone! Gee, Easter is a heck of a lot closer than I thought it was! It's really, really crept up on me; coz' I thought that I was gonna be early! But, now that I have started, I'm going to keep the ball rolling with the second polish on this list and I'm not gonna stop till I get to the last polish (but I might have a break for coffee in between). In case you didn't already know, right now we have just started off the Top Ten Nail Polishes to Wear this Easter series (everything you need to know right here), and I have already released the very first polish in the series. Today we will be looking at the second polish on the list (aka, number 9 or 10). This is a real favourite of mine, not just for Easter but in general because of how pretty it is, and I often use it for nail art, so I'm real happy to be reviewing it for you today!


This pretty polish is Eat My Dust from the Barry M speed dry range, which is why the polish has been given a super speedy name! While I am on the topic of drying time, this polish does dry, literally at the speed of light (okay, not literally but it's still fast). Gotta love a fast drying polish, right? Back on the topic of colour, I think that this colour just soooo pretty (maybe I should add a few more 'o's to reflect how pretty I think it is). It's a light cornflower blue, and I don't really see a whole lot of cornflower blue nail polishes so I reckon that it's a fairly unique colour.


Next up, I will be addressing the issue of formula! The formula on this polish is absolutely my least favourite element of it. The formula is very thin and very patchy, it tends to leave light spots if you try to over-work it. You can build this polish to three coats, but because of the light spots, you may need three depending on your application.


The redeeming factor of the formula is the beautiful wide paddle brush. It's just so great and makes the application of this polish a lot easier. I reckon that with a small brush, it would take four coats for full opacity, but because you can almost cover the whole nail in one swoop of the brush, it means that you can apply the polish without having to work it too much, so you can avoid those light spots.


I really enjoyed this bottle! The bottle is a nice and simple square shape with the lid being the feature point.


I mean, look at that lid, it's certainly eye catching! It's covered in a black and white checkered pattern with 'Quick Dry' wrapping around the lid. I think this is a really nice representation of one of the best features of this polish; the fast drying!


I really, really love this polish. It checks a lot if boxes for me; colour, brush, bottle, dry-time; check, check, check, check! The only box that it doesn't check is the formula, which is really a shame because of how great all of the other element are. But, with it's unique and beautiful colour, it still deserves a spot on this list for sure. I hope that you guys enjoyed this post and look forward to the next one!
May your nails be good
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post