French Tip Dot Nail Art Tutorial for St Patricks Day

Hey guys! How are you all going? Today I'm really happy to be getting back to a nail art tutorial, it's been ages since I have done one of these because the Top Ten Nail Polishes to Wear this St Patricks Day series was occupying all of my time! I wanted to share a simple and fun nail art tutorial which you can use to showcase some of your favourite shades for St Patricks Day! Oh, and by the way my nails are super yellow in the photos because I did this tutorial after swatching all ten of the polishes on the list, I shoulda' used a french manicure polish underneath or something.....sorry guys!


So, I wanted to do this tutorial because I think that dots are sooo much fun! Also, I wanted to showcase some of my favourite shades for St Patricks Day but all in one manicure (this is the best thing for when you can't decide what polish to wear; you can have your polish and wear it too, does that phrase work? If it does I am totally gonna use it again!). In this tutorial I used three different colours (Innocent by Sinful Colors, Green Thumb by Sally Hansen and Mint Apple by Sinful Colors) over a white french tip (the polish I used was Spirit by Revlon).


Our first step is to create a french tip! There are many ways to do this, but my favourite is to carefully take the brush from your polish bottle and wipe a lot of the polish off. Then, go over your smile line with the brush. I had to do this twice for full opacity.


Now, use your chosen colours to create a dotting pattern over the french tip. I used three different sizes of dotting tools (big, medium and small) to make the pattern look more varied and interesting. I also made some of the dots overlap. Oh! If you guys wanna see this tutorial in action, you can watch the video here!


Wasn't that easy? Who doesn't love a manicure that is that easy? Also aren't dots just adorable? I just love 'em. By the way, I don't know if some of you remember this or not, but about a week ago my nails broke, after breaking just a few days before that, but I think that they somehow look longer already! Hooray! Grow, nails grow! Anyway, that's it for this nail tutorial,  but I wanna know what you guys think! Do you guys like dots? How do you like do to french tip nails? What colours would you use in this manicure? Let me know right here in the comments or on Instagram and Pintrest (my username is thegoodnailsblog)!
May your nails be good and lucky
Gabby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sinful Colors Vanessa Hudgens Winter Collection, Full Collection Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Full Collection Swatch and Review

Sinful Colours New Shades 2019 Collection Comparison Post